3000 Miles to Graceland
Crime Is King.
Courteney Cox as: Cybil Waingrow
Release Date: 23 February 2001 (USA)
Cybil Waingrow: I didn’t leave Jesse with a stranger. I left him with you.
Cybil Waingrow: This looks Beautiful.
Murphy: It’s one of my favorite pieces.
Cybil Waingrow: Yeah. Where’s it from?
Murphy: [whispers] Out my ass.
Cybil Waingrow: Excuse me.
Murphy: It’s an African piece.
Cybil Waingrow: Looks Egyptian to me
Cybil Waingrow: Uh, you’re making that cigarette look really good.
Michael Zane: You’re making that dress look good!
[quick cut to bedroom scene and the two having wild sex]
Cybil Waingrow: Or what, you’ll kill me?
• Kurt Russell made one of his early screen appearances in the Elvis movie It Happened at the World’s Fair (1963) and later played Elvis in a TV-Movie directed by John Carpenter (Elvis (1979/I) (TV)). He also did the voice of young Elvis in Forrest Gump (1994).
• At the beginning of the movie, Kurt Russell’s character (dressed as Elvis) steps out of a car, and a kid comes running up to him and kicks him in the shin. This is an inside joke which refers to It Happened at the World’s Fair (1963) in which Russell played a kid who runs up to (the real) Elvis Presley, and kicks him in the shin.
• The record album that Kurt Russell signs in the elevator is the sound track from It Happened at the World’s Fair (1963).
• When the film finished shooting, Kevin Costner and Kurt Russell disagreed about the way the film should feel. The studio let both stars edit their own versions which were then shown to test audiences. Russell’s cut was more comedy oriented and focused on his character’s relationship with Cybil (Courteney Cox) while Costner’s was more action oriented.
• In the casino heist shootout, a bullet whizzes through Murphy’s cape, missing his body entirely. In Wyatt Earp (1994), Earp (also played by Kevin Costner) receives similar sartorial bullet damage.
• The plates on the red caddie read 3KMTG.
• During filming in Vancouver, Kurt Russell (Michael Zane) visited the nearby set of “Stargate SG-1” (1997) and met the cast. Russell starred as Colonel Jack O’Neil in the original Stargate (1994). His role was adopted by Richard Dean Anderson in the spin-off series and the character’s name was changed slightly (to Colonel Jack O’Neill).
• The “midget Elvis” shot in the casino was played by a then-member of the Las Vegas Rocky Horror cast.
• The film is dedicated to Isabella Rogers and Derek Grieves.
• Throughout the movie, Kurt Russell’s character is seen wearing a necklace. The necklace is “TCB” with a lightning bolt. “TCB” stands for “taking care of business” which was Elvis’ slogan along with the lightning bolt. He had similar necklaces made and gave them to his inner crowd.
• Film debut of ‘Kelly Carlson’.